Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Small number plates

Jaseb

I've seen these on a few 7's now and was wondering were I could get one as mine's knacked, preferably mail order as I'm lazy and have a credit card 🤔

Any thoughts on the legality issue 🤔

Not that it will stop me particularly you understand 😬

look in the archive - its been covered many times.

but basically you'll need to order a display plate and then stick it on the nose. If stopped tell the policman that the foremost vertical surface is the rear wing which would be a silly place to put a number plate.

A stick on one on the nose is therefore a sensible option. This defense worked perfectly for miraz a few weeks back....

HOOPY R706KGU CYCLE WINGS *thumbup* AEROSCREEN *thumbup* K SERIES *thumbup* CUCUMBER *thumbdown*

A word of warning chaps , i had a small front no. plate on my 7 and the local copper warned me once and then the following month nicked me *mad* 30 quid ☹️

All i can say is B@st@rds, why don,t they go catch a few real criminals *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

the more i knock off the faster it gets !

Marc,

I agree...what a bunch of sh*ts the cops are. Get even by not paying your road tax or some other equally heinous activity.

It always makes me laugh that in order to have the privelege of paying Gordon £155 for your tax you have to prove you're responsible enough to have bought insurance and to have an MOT. No wonder the real criminals never bother.

Paul

I've got a sticky one now. *eek* But you could always put your normal full size front number plate in the boot and not bother fitting one at all. If stopped by the boys in blue, explain that you've just knocked it off on a speed hump and will be replaced as soon as you get home. They would have to be some kind of twit to book you for that.

Twas only a suggestion.

Andy Mac C7 GON

😬 Team Langoustine. Hard Core Prawn here 😬

Where might I be able to purchase one of said sticky number plates then chaps 🤔

It would certainly stop a new regular type plate getting clipped and busted in the future 😬

Again mail order for preference - laziness still prevails and credit card still has credit left on it...

Makes me laugh that Caterham have slightly redesigned the carbon nose cone. There is no longer any need for dzus fasteners at the bottom (thank God, as they're a nightmare of crouching to find the slot) but in addition they have gone to the trouble of having CATERHAM embossed in the leading egde that a normal reg plate would be stuck onto... hence coving up their lovely embossed design. *confused*

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Are these the ones in Wigan? yes they are ok in that case, although I also got sent a white on black ally one with a pre reg no.

They are slightly too wide for the nose and so you'll need to cut off the excess to fit. It improves he cooling flow too (other thread). *thumbup*

Dave Robertson

You need to show the bs code on the plate so just ask the maker to place this along side his logo and post code at the bottom centre of the plate, the makers logo and post code have to be on the plate but there is no pre set size so you can have it as small as possible, the new font means the letters are about 5mm thinner than before so if you have an old 7 didgit no plate, it will be printed out shorter than before leaving a larger area at each end of the plate to be removed inclueding the bs code normaly placed in the bottom right hand corner [now in the middle]. I believe that it is wrong to reduce the backing area but this does make a smaller neater plate with the correct size font and includes the bs code to keep them all happy.