Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slicks and camera bits

Fishy Dave

4 x used Michelin radial slicks suitable for 13" x 6" rims. These are ex Formula Renault slicks, which I then used for racing last season (short, 12 minute races). They have plenty of rubber depth left on them according to the wear dimples, although slicks are usually measured on the number of heat cycles they have been through. The wear is also even across the tread, with no bulges, cuts or other nasties. My 1400 was not blessed with much in the way of power so the tyres have not had to endure much in the way of wheelspin! They won't have as much grip as a set of brand new slicks, but they do have more than R888s for example. They have always been stored in the garage, away from light.

Ideal for trackday use. Looking for £10 each or £30 for the four, collected.

For those wanting pics, I can provide them, but they are black, round and slick *tongue*

Chasecam SS1000 picture in picture unit - LINK

It allows you to connect two bullet cameras into the unit, to which you connect a recorder (in my case a camcorder with AV in). It then gives you a nice result like HERE

I have used this occasionally over the last four years with perfect reliability, for racing and trackday use. It has always been stored and used in a padded camera bag, and never allowed to get wet. One of the RCA/Phono connectors is on a slight angle (was like this from new), but this causes no issues. For peace of mind I always used electrical tape wrapped around the connectors and to the PIP unit to ensure continued connection when submitting the car to kerbs or G forces.

Only reason for sale is I'm changing my whole camera set up next year. Instructions were never provided, instead are downloaded from the Chasecam website, but it's really easy to use anyway.

New these are £315ish plus postage. I'm asking £150 including postage please.

Sony 520TVL (this one) bullet camera with semi narrow angle lens (12mm) from Fast Films. Small body size with 2.5 metre cable length, I have used this camera as my rear facing camera on the Seven. Good condition and working well. The lens can be easily swapped over and I will include the regular lens.

Looking for £55 including postage.

Thanks, David

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

Used to be a 1400, now 1600 supersport race car www.racelife.co.uk

Edited by - Fishy Dave on 11 Nov 2010 10:17:28

David,

I might be intersted in the PIP unit and one camera (if you have one up for sale).

I'll need you to post to Denmark though. - At my cost of course.

Could you email me offline at "a o b (AT) r j . d k " without the spaces obviously.

/regin