Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Offset for 7.0 x 15 wheels?

Jon Ward

Hi All,

A technical question, but I thought I’d try here first...

I need to sort out a set of wheels for Class 2 next year. I’m going to try the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 (7.0 x 15) with 195/45-R15 Scudo Stunners. Do I need to specify an offset, and if so how do I calculate it? I’ve done a search, but can’t find anything here or in tech talk

The alternative is to get my shiny anthracites and nearly new Stunners back – you know who you are Maybe you could drop them off this evening *thumbup* 😬

Thanks in advance

Jon

• Area Representative

Jon,

Caterham ten spokes are 6.5" ET13, but are quite outset.

If you were specifying 7" wheels, then you could still cope with ET13, but no more. ie ET10 or ET8 would ne better.

If the ET value was too great, say ET 18, then you could use a 5 or 6mm spacer, as long as you have long enough wheel studs.

I've got a bent wheel you could borrow for comparison if you like?

• Area Representative

Jon,

ET15's will be fine on the rear, but there is a good chance you'll need a few mm of spacers on the front.

I'd get the tyres on the rims before deciding on the spacers that you need.

If you do need spacers, then you may also need longer studs. (all later hubs are supplied with longer studs)

• Area Representative
I've got a bent wheel you could borrow for comparison if you like?

I thought you had a full set available or have you disposed of the real bad ones apres-Landow 😬

The alternative is to get my shiny anthracites and nearly new Stunners back – you know who you are

Those will be the lightened version then - well, they haven't got much tread left *smokin*

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...