Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mudflaps on cycle wings

Mr Locust

I know someone posed the question a while ago......................

I have just used a black one of thesecut in half and sandwiched between the wing and the stay to replace mine. *wink*

Just in case anyone still wants any suggestions.

Also good for stir fry preparation but not when plastered in cowsh1t *eek*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

My Flickr Photos

Blatchatters Flickr Pool

The only words to add to the title are "look bloody awful."

Why oh why ruin the looks of a beautiful car by fitting frickin ugly flaps on your cycle wings.

Just go and buy a tin top *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

A bit of Armourfend on the rear wings is all you need if your concerned about stone chips.

Old enough to know better Senile enough not to care.

Oh how right Paul is.

I've fitted flaps to my cycle wings, they look ok, car and flaps are black but I still don't like them.

However hitting fresh horse droppings at 50 with doors off and SWMBO in the passenger seat, then having to clean it up sealed the deal.

got some rally mud flap material (sold by Demon Tweeks, but got them half the price elsewhere) trimmed them to fit and put them between the stays and wings with some double sided silicon tape the stop the bottoms flapping, do a great job, keep the sides and rear arches clean.

still don't like them.

K7 PKT

Objects in the rear view mirror...... should just drive faster

Er, no. I believe Mr. Lyons has maintained the same level of reasoned argument, constuctive advice, and winding up, as he ever does . . here or on the list 😬

And go buy a tin-top! Or put the roof on! If you keep the doors on, the cow-poo makes a satisfying "smack" as it hits the roll bar just behind your head . . . I even took the mud-flaps off the trials car!

Bri

Learn to avoid or duck I live in the heart of the country surrounded by dairy farms Roads are always inches thick in very very soft cow **** *mad* I've driven a se7en for 13yrs Still wouldn't dream of fitting flaps on front wheels 😬 They look like what your trying to avoid. *wavey* 😶‍🌫️

Take no notice to anyone who has an opinion on your efforts to stop crap entering the cockpit - Its up to you what you do with your car *thumbup*

*idea*O and I have had my flexichop mudflaps from ikea for 3 months now *thumbup* Go just nice on my CSR 😬

Great minds 😬

I have mixed feelings about this.

Mud on the rear arches is a good indication of having had a good time, but there's a lot to be said for the practicalities of mud flaps too.

As a compromise I wonder what a Seven would look like if the cycle wings were rolled backwards so that the front fixings were just behind the front lip of the cycle wing - i.e. the front of the wing in a 12 O'clock position (would mean new wings, obviously) - which would direct the spray more towards the ground. Anyone ever done this?

Nick

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it!

If you roll the front wings backwards, you then get the stuff slung forward coming back and up and over the top - next time you run through a pile of poo, take a close look at the front wheel - some goes come back off the bottom of the wheel, but quite a lot actually travells around and then comes off the front and comes backward/you catch it up.

So you'd then need a flap going forward . . .

It's a slippery slope - so I'm wondering where the static charging strip, cushions (with tassles), folded tartan rug/blanket, tin of travel sweets, and nodding dog will be stored . . .

Bri

LOL mud flaps on the cycle wings are hardly a nod in the direction you point to - *rolleyes*

Live and let live *thumbup*

O and the only thing I have not seen ON or in a 7 from any of the club members is the Static strip.....The rest I have seen to varying degrees in many a 7 at club or special meetings - whats up with some creature comforts 😬 😬 😬