Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Q/Release Rear View Mirror for Aeroscreen

Gary G

I have a car with a windscreen and have the opportunity to easily convert to Aero, but don't want to drill holes in the scuttle to attach a rear view mirror. Anyone got any (cheap and easy) suggestions???

I tried a suction-type mirror, but the angle at which it sits does not give a suitable rear view.

SL No.84

Gary - I used a stick on jobbie from halfrauds, was about 10 quid, this gives me pretty good visibility

I can actually keep the full screen on and leave the mirror inplace *thumbup*

however if I ever needed to take it off you can get replacement sticky pads so not a big deal and pretty quick too *smile*

rob

yep - just one of the standard jobbies

I have taken mine of once before and on mine it didn't remove any pain, the sticky pad left half of tis self ont he car , but with a quick rub of some polish it came off!

if you are any where near by you can take a look, or I can take a picture and email it

rob

Gary, there must be a way of using the tonneau studs on the scuttle to attach a rear view mirror - would involve making up a mount, but that sounds fun in any case. This is part of my thinking for a q/r aeroscreen, but I need one to practice with first...

PS had a good blat early Saturday north of Bishop's Stortford, great roads too!

Mark,

The previous owner of my car did exactly that with his rear view mirror, but unfortunately he kept it when he sold the car. As you know my engineering skills are poor, so I might make that a winter project. I'll go with the stick-on job for now I reckon...

SL No.84

Thanks Julian, but I already have a home-built aero conversion (done by the previous owner).

Rob, I bought the mirror last night and will be sticking it tonight. Did a "dry-fit" this morning and it looks like it will be perfect for the job. Thanks.

SL No.84