Click here if you are having website access problems ×

£7.5k Mercedes C Class Saloon 320 CDi Avantgarde SE - pics added, price reduced...again

andy_h

I'm selling a company car and thought I'd advertise it here to give you first chance before it's advertised formally elsewhere at a higher price.

2006 Mercedes Benz C Class Saloon 320 CDi Avantgarde SE Sa Auto

Tansanite Blue Metallic

Grey leather upholstery

6CD changer

Parktronic sensors

Memory drivers seat

Climate control

Auto lights

Auto dimming rear mirror

Electric steering column with memory

Cruise control and speed limiter.

95k miles

Full Mercedes Service History

MOT till October 2011

Available now

Lots of pics here

Looking for £7,500 ono.

Email me at harringtonandy@yahoo.co.uk

or call me 0781 7269 595

Cheers,

Andy

For sale again due to time wasters, and at a much lower price to sell. First to see will buy.

Edited by - andy_h on 15 Jan 2011 22:17:00

Edited by - Andy_h on 15 Apr 2011 16:44:58

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Am I doing something wrong *confused* I can't seem to sell it.

It's on here, Pistonheads and Autotrader.

When compared to similar cars it's a lot cheaper, but the only interest I get are the normal "we'll pay you more than the selling price via paypal, and send a shipper to collect".... yeah, right!!

Any ideas?

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car - Now all shiney and new 😬

Edited by - andy_h on 7 Mar 2011 00:17:59

Dont mean to be at all critical but you've asked for comments so here goes.....

Looking at your car the thing that sticks out is the mileage, which many will perceive as being "high", whether the car can take big mileages or not is not the issue, rather what people think. That coupled with the fact its near the mythical 100K barrier will put people off.

Having owned a lot of leggy cars down the years, they will sell BUT the price has to fully reflect the mileage, have you got any mates in the trade? If so check out Glasses guide and see what a "normal" miler is trade booking at, then use the table at the back to mileage adjust, add a bit to that - say £500ish and (while you might not like it to much!) you will have a number which the car should readily sell for.

Andy - I think as a 2006 car with that mileage it is just too expensive, sadly. There was a silver one near us on a driveway (private) just before Christmas with 102k on it, full S/H etc and they wanted £7250. Didn't sell. A local garage bought it (I imagine at around £5500 ish) and had it on his forecourt for about a week at £6250. It went. There are loads of C and E class Mercs around which is your problem. It will probably leave you at around £7250 if you are very lucky. The guides are out by miles on these types of cars because there are so many around. Sadly. Sorry *rolleyes*

Here kind of illustrates the point at the low end (admittedly on 55 plates...).

Good luck with it *thumbup*

Dave Ardley - White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos

Thanks both, comments are helpful.

Interesting point re value, I'll get another valuation but to add in the mix I have had a quote from 'we buy any car' for £7k.

*arrowup* You should get a bit more than that privately I would have thought Andy - for the 06 plate. £7.5k possibly?

At least your Caterham is white. Well played that man *smokin* 😬 *thumbup*

Dave Ardley - White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos

Thanks. In fact my brother took a load of photos of you at Llandow track day a couple of years ago, he thought you were me 😳 at least I think it was you. I'm very sure it wasn't me and I don't know of another White with clams 😬

Andy,

Alot of it will be down to the time of year

This time last year I was trying to sell my 157k miles 5 year old BMW. I had loads of really daft offers and in the end sold it for about 1k less than I really thought it was worth.

2 months down the line I could not have brought the same car for what I sold it for and I still had enquires from buyers asking if it was still available?

If I were you I would value it fairly and hold your price until March. Then reduce it if it still hasnt sold

Obviously this strategy wont work if you need shot quickly and there is a risk of it becoming saturated within the advertising world and buyers assuming its a pup!

Love buying cars but hate selling them!

BTW,

By far and away the best place I have brought and sold cars recently has been ebay classified followed by the local free ads

Pistonheads is ok if selling a 7 but there are too many others on there to make a tin top stand out IYSWIM? The PH search engine is quite blunt too

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...