Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil Pressure Sender

Dignity

Hi All,

I know it has been discussed at length and the recommendation is to go mechanical but if I wanted to stay with an electric one is the unreliable CC one the only option or is there an after market offering?

Thanks in advancce

Regards

Dignity

It's unreliable because of it's position. You could get a hose made up and relocate the sender quite easily.

Most of us go mechanical because it's cheaper in the long run. Don't know if there are any alternative sources I'm afraid.

John

myothercarsa2cv

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 😬

Talloulah '08 1.6K Classic

I believe there are a few electrical options, I have a SPA dual gauge, incorporating a volt meter with the oil pressure. BUT the sender is on the end of a short hose attached to the steering rack mounting plate.

Hi Dignity,

I bought a remote sender kit from Caterham but never got round to fitting it it cost me £70 a few years ago and now ive gone to a mechanical gauge.

I can email pictures if you like.

Im looking for £55 including posting.

Tweeky

to infirmity.................... and beyond

• Area Representative

It's damp that kills the sender. If you are sticking with the standard electric one, then seal around the terminal with silicon sealer. Water gets in here through the small gap. Life of sender will be extended with this action. Also, as others suggest, relocating to somewhere less vulnerable to water ingress e.g. somewhere near rack behind radiator, will also be beneficial. *thumbup*

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

Thanks to you all for your replies *thumbup*

I did not realise that it was the position that was the problem but now it makes sense.

Tweeky, Thanks for your offer I will give it some thought. I need to check if i have an M10 Or M12 thread as my car is the change over year (1998). What size thread is your kit?.

Best Regards