Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Prescott Hillclimb school noise limits

Tony Martyr

I was about to book the course at Prescott next spring but have been put off by the dire warning about noise limits and - properly silenced within road legal limits.

My 1600k has a 4:1 exhaust and has not been thrown out of track days nor the Curbourgh sprint school, having a noise level at 5500 of about 98DbA, but I don't want a first time.

What is the experience of others out there at Prescott ?

I did the Prescott school last year in my Westfield which is not exactly quiet and it was no problem....actually I can't even remember anyone testing for noise 😬 - I had to add a Supertrapp for Goodwood (98db) and still back off past the drive by microphones *mad* to be allowed to continue so you really won't have a problem.

BTW: it's a great day out......also try the Gurston Down hillclimb school if you can - very good value , I thought...

You can read my report about Prescott here... http://www.surreyclub.fsnet.co.uk/Prescott.htm

and about Gurston, here....

http://www.surreyclub.fsnet.co.uk/gurston_down.htm

😬 😬

AFAIK they don't test. And you'd pass any reasonable test anywhere. Do the school!

They do have environmental problems with noise and stuff, but I think the people who need to be mollified probably work during the week. It's similar at Curborough, the noise issue is evenings and weekends, so the track is fully booked for weekday testing but the road silenced club nights have been suspended and you have to limit commentary at weekend competitions.

Paul

When I co-ordinated the 7 club day at Prescott last year, this question came up. The school is in such a rural location that it would be easy to upset the few neighbours who do exist, and Prescott had ongoing discussions with the local planners about projects they wished to complete. So the school is loathe to upset anyone. Having said that, they normally don't test for noise (although they do have the kit available, should it be required). The standard K level of noise should be fine. None of the 7s last year had a problem on the day.

You will certainly enjoy the experience.