Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harness mounting points?

skydragon

My 2003 car has six point race harnesses. I need to replace the drivers harness (age and condition).

My car has lowered floor and tillets and with the angle/position of the tillet seat and the fact I'm fairly tall, the shoulder harness mounting points are actually slightly above my shoulders, meaning the shoulder straps are rubbing against the top edge of the hole in the Tillet seat back.

At the moment the shoulder straps are mounted as standard, with the mountings bolted into the top of the chassis rail, behind the seat. To make the shoulder belts align with the holes in the back of the tillet seat and to get them lower than the top of my shoulders, I'm considering altering the mounting points.

If I cut two small slots in the rear bulkhead ally sheet, it means in can then mount the shoulder strap mounts underneath the chasis rail. Ie. I'd use the exact same mounting holes/bolts/washers, but the belt mount would be bolted underneath the chasis rail, not above the rail as standard. With the belt mounting point sticking through the slot cut in the rear bulkhead. This would mean the belt end would be approximate 2" lower than currently, whilst retaining the strength/integrity of the original mounting point.

Has anyone else done this mod? Any feedback/advice?

1.6 K Series EU3, 2003, with DVA K05 and a few other goodies...

website here