Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

What colour is S77 COS

leon

Hi all *wavey*

My seven is being reskinned and I am looking for a really bright orange for the respray

Can anybody identify S77 COS colour (the owner possibly)

link to picture here

I was looking through my photos and found this car at goodwood sprint in 2009 and wondered if the car is still in the club.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for all the input, now just need to contact David Hersey, a quick search on here only brings his name up on 3 threads

since the beginning *confused* does anyone know if he posts on here under a psudonym?

C7MPR, it's RAC Orange for a reason.

Edited by - leon on 31 Oct 2010 01:27:14

Thanks all for your input *thumbup* l

I believe it was car 22 on the day from a fairly exhaustive web search on the various photo sites (picasa, flikr etc) will post a pic. and link to the photo.

bring the power of blatchat on 😬

P.s. the members of the club never cease to amaze me with thier willingness to help people they dont know - power to you all, dont believe all the negative threads on chitchat and other forums.

C7MPR, it's RAC Orange for a reason

Hi Leon,

Looking at the entry list - the car on the left is number 26 and is the Morgan, then the car on the right is number 28 the Mini Marcos - the car in the middle should be number 27 the Caterham SV owned by David Hersey.

Hope this helps *thumbup*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Thanks Chris,

am finding it difficult to confirm number on the day, Have several more photos of the paddock archived will review and see if i can confirm garage position is sequential. The only ontrack photo i can find of the day clearly has the car marked as car no 22.

all this for a colour *confused*, it goes against the speed ethos to paint the car at all.............

Adrian,

it did not look dayglo in the flesh from memory but possibly a hint of metallic, I have found several photos online of the car and all look different due to the variations in light levels and cameras used for the pictures but [i may regret this] i am sure it was not a dayglo colour.[i may regret this]/off. There was a dayglo yellow r400 a few garages down R500GB see

http://my.lotussevenclub.com/Pictures/myPictures/tabid/481/AlbumId/124/PhotoId/646/UserId/1879/Default.aspx

not sure if the link will work as posting from mobile.

look in http://my.lotussevenclub.com/ recent pics on the left side panel

Hi Leon,

Sadly car 22 in the programme and results for the sprint at Goodwood on the 25th April 2009 is a Mini Marcos 1380 driven by Allan Brown - so something must have changed along the way - sorry I cant be of more help *redface*

If only everything in life was as simple as a 7!!

Thanks again to all of you for your time in trying to chase this down. *thumbup*

i think its time to kick this upstairs (or is it down) to the masses on chitchat.

perhaps i should just keep the car RAC orange, they have more than earned the 'sponsorship' over the years.

Leon

I was going to have mine painted orange and visited the paint mixing place that the spray shop used to look at different shades of orange.

They gave me a box full of coloured swatches ALL of which were orange, there must have been close to 100 different shades and I finished up with a VW colour that was realy bright (made CC Aztec look dirty) and I think would have been used on a 'combi' called egg yoke or something similar.

Adrian