Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rivnut tools?

Mark H

I bought a superb Rivnut tool from my local tool shop. German built it cost a bit (about £80) but with the old race bikes we were always adding bits to hollow aluminium frames and this tool was the biz. If you wanted more info I could oblige. This one will insert nuts or threads upto M6 with skin thicknesses of up to 3mm.

Rivnut tools and Rivet guns are different things Hoopy anyway, you probably know that. I've not been online for a while. How's the build going?

Edited by - captain chaos on 7 Sep 2002 22:51:55

Yeah - I know they're different. my rivnutter is fairly decent. but my rivet gun has died. It was a 15-20 quid job from machine mart. So I want a rivet gun (I have loads of rivets though) and a supply of splined rivnuts (I've run out)

The build was finished in time for the finland trip (11 hours before the ferry left - from newcastle!). lots of things weren't finished or didn't work and a few more bits went. Its at ratrace at the moment - all finsihed except for the damper rosejoints which are 'in the post' *mad* ☹️

HOOPY R706KGU CYCLE WINGS *thumbup* AEROSCREEN *thumbup* K SERIES *thumbup* CUCUMBER *thumbdown*

After Jerrys reply i dug out a copy of the Demon Theives cat.they have one at £46.35 plus vat, it covers a range of M3 to M10.

With spare rivnuts at £2.80 plus vat for a pack of 10.

Marc.

the more i knock off the faster it gets !

Just in case any ones interested i was on the fone to Mick at Redline this morning ordering the bits to put mdx back on the road after my fight with the gate post and in passing i asked if they sell rivnut tools yeah says Mick about 20 quid that was it search over... so now you know where to get em.

Marc *wink*

the more i knock off the faster it gets !

Hoops - I bought a rivet gun last week from Travis Perkins. Seems well built and handles rivets up to 5mm.

30 quid or so IIRC. Can't remember the name (begins with 'S', well know make but not Stanley) but it's made in Sheffield so I had to buy it.

Hopefully the big fat rivets I now have holding the floor in will suffice until the car gets stripped.

Senility bugs me so I just looked at the thing. Spear & Jackson Easy Grip Riveter. Though easy grip is a relative term unless other guns are this much of a b@st@rd (to be fair it was in an awkward space).

Edited by - andy murphy on 10 Sep 2002 21:18:11

They're on the web, but if you can get up near Old Street they have a depot nr there.

Alternatively, if you have a job to do now I can bring mine in to work and you can borrow it. See if it's up to scratch and buy one later. Unless you're on the Rumble and I can bring it there...