Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Looking for an old scrapper to turn into a road legal race car

The Pikey

I'm looking for a Caterham to turn into a road legal race car. I would consider anything. It could be just a chassis, a rolling chassis or rough but complete road car. I'm not bothered as it will be getting a full rebuild anyway. It does need to have a reg doc though. Not looking to spend a fortune on this one so condition is important, the rougher the better!

Thanks

Jason

Tiddy1,

Jason is looking for a pre-registered chassis, so it will have a plate already associated with it. If it is a Q plate then it will stay a Q plate, if a normal plate then this will carry over, but any new engine details will need to be added to the V5.

This raises an interesting point, are older chassis becoming more valuable as they are exempt from all the emissions and no IVA required... This is from the owner of a '92 car 😬

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.

Jon, the one on e-bay is purely a track car and I was wondering how hard it was to register for road,

Jasons original post says caterham to turn into road registered race car so it could just as well be a race car that he registers for the road

Simon