Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerspeed Repackable Silencer

STEVE GILBERT

Couple of months old, custom build to 30inch by 6 inch in 2.5 bore all stainless with removable end caps secured with stainless button screws, double bobbin triangulated rear fixing bracket, rolled edge type exit pipe. Done just a few hundred miles. Reduced my noise from 106 to 99 at 5250 on Zetec Carbs £220 ono Colchester. WWW.powerspeed.co.uk have similar on the site.

Steve.

Having had one of these made for a K series, and being well chuffed with it, this is an absolute bargain, assuming it includes the manifold, it would have cost over 500 quid new so I think David is taking the p*ss a bit with his offer (no offence). It's a steal at the asking price. BTW I have no connection with Steve, I don't even know him. I'd be interested to know why you're selling it though steve (mail me at roy.booth@reuters.com). Good luck with the sale.

Roy,

Sorry it is only the Silencer, it is a little unusual in that I had it custom made to what I decided was the Maximum acceptable length for a 7 and longer than the usual Powerspeed offering for maximum quietness. It is also unusual in that it is 2.5 inch bore, most Sevens are 21/4 ish. For this reason I am open to offers but they need to be a bit higher than £150. I am absolutely chuffed with the Can, it is quiet, gave me more power, and looks superb. Unfortunately that Bugger Ammo exerts phychological blackmail at every oppertunity as to why I dont have one of HIS cans. I realy need to shut him up and hey, he is my mate 😬

Steve.

Sorry if my offer was taken as derisory! it was based on a less than immediate need (it would have been incorporated in a future upgrade) and my collection from Esex!

As it happens, further to my chat with Steve, I need a 2 1/4 so it's all irrevelant, However, We've managed to keep it up the top of the list for a while!!!

David

Sorry to say I have no Idea, I guess its about as likely to fit as a Techcraft or anything else, you are however more than welcome to take a look. The silencer it replaced was a boggo 5inch Caterham Item, although I had my collector modded to 2.5inch due to my Horsepower. To Mod a collector to 2.5 would probably take someone like the 7 workshop about 1/2 an hour at a guess.

Steve.

Not sure what you mean by Proximal end so I have added another picture to my site that gives a side view. The exit end of the Can starts, bends and ends within the same box dimensions as the std Caterham Competition Silencer plus it fits with about 1/2 inch clearance from the side skin.

Not going to the Speed Trials as yet though, sorry.

Hope that Helps

Steve.

See My Zetec Power 7 Here

• 2 weeks later...