Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anglesey request

Matthew Willoughby

Mel and I are having a few days in north Wales prior to Anglesey at the weekend. We've been out blatting today and the oil pressure gauge has varied between 1 and -1 bar. It has plenty of oil in and was serviced last week so I guess the fact that it didn't grenade itself in Snowdonia suggests a faulty sender. Does anybody have a spare sender for a K Series that they could bring to Anglesey please? I assume they're a doddle to fit? It would be nice to not worry about it all weekend.

I think an upgraded sender and gauge (like the fancy SPA one in Dad's new car) would be a worthwhile winter upgrade.

Thanks,

Matthew

Matthew,

You can have the one off my car if it it helps?

Paul B could bring it along for you... As long as it's the same, 1800 x power 2003, would think all k's are the same *confused*

Let me know and I'll whip it off

Also good luck for the weekend *thumbup*

Jeff

Jeff, thank you for your very kind offer. If I could borrow yours as a short term solution I would be very grateful. Enjoy the wedding this weekend - you will be missed.

Paul, if you could bring Jeff's sender to Anglesey that would be fabulous. Are you doing the trackday on Friday?

Neil, I'm very interested. Could you email me with model details and price please?

We've had an interesting day. 20 seconds after starting the 7 this morning it cut out and refused to turn over any more. I had visions of a seized engine and was not a happy bunny as I winched it onto the trailer to go to Kenrick's.

It turned out to be a wiring fault that caused it to cut out and wasn't related to the oil pressure. The car now runs again but after all that Kenrick didn't have an oil pressure sender so Paul B is going to bring me Jeff's (thanks Paul + Jeff).

So I still don't have a working sender on the car but another issue that would have spoiled my weekend was identified and fixed. Hopefully that will be the end of my maladies for this week.