Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Stack Dash help! Now Fixed

mikesbike

Hello,

After having problems with my stack dash, switching off reseting itself etc. It now appears to have died.

The only info it displays now is the model no, software version and code number i've tried reseting it i.e. disconecting the batttery to no avail, it seems to work for 5 minutes then reverts back to the info screen.

Also i've tried to remove the stack unit, it moves forward but seems to be held in by the top of the scuttle is there a trick to freeing it?

Thanks, Mike

Edited by - mikesbike on 29 Oct 2010 11:32:16

Hi tbird

The unit itself is 9 years old I've owned the car for 2 years, its not shown any warnings, no low battery or red warning lights, the 'reseting' fault just got worse to the point its at now, just wish i could get the unit out the car!

Cheers Mike

the reason I ask is that there is an internal battery (you probably know all this) Stack suggest its life is 3-4 years (although BC wisdom is nobody has as yet had one fail), mine displays an intermittent "internal battery low" message. I have a gut feeling the contacts have corroded due to moisture inside unit. As for removal I haven't looked yet so when you succeed, an idiots guide would be great, save me some time investigating 😬

Tim

CSR 200 Aztec and Black

Edited by - tbird on 10 Oct 2010 17:15:11

I would second that , it will come out without removing the scuttle but it needs a wiggle .

When it has come out you will wonder why it didnt come out first time .......................................you will them spend ages wondering how it came out as you try to fit it back *eek*

• Area Representative

I helped out with a Stack dash that woas doing odd things a few months ago. It turned out to be a coule of poorly soldered joints from the loom onto the multipin connector. We cut the loom open, and I resoldered the joints. It's been fine since.

After checking for poor connections/broken wires i spoke to caterham today about removing the unit, the chap said push/pull as hard as you can they're robust units! The problem is they are wedged against the steering column, the knack it appears is too push unit as far forward as possible then grab left hand side of unit and pull as hard as possible (foot on dash!) out it popped.

When i shake the Stack unit it sounds if the packet of silica gel has broken inside, hopefully thats the problem and Stack will be able to cure the misting up at the same time!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Now Fixed!

Great service from Stack and very helpful.

The resseting fault was down to a failed internal battery (i guess thats why i wasn't getting a 'low battery warning') and the misting was a failed seal around the glass.

all sorted i hope! Just have to put it back in............