Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nigel Mansell autobiography free

FlymoFraser

Hardback looks unread, possibly because it is the most boring, self serving excuse ridden autobiography I've ever read (to be fair I've not read Tony Blairs), don't really want to contaminate the landfill with it.

Happy to post for a contribution to NTL (or not frankly)

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Very few motor racing auto/biographies are "good" and I've read a few. Even Murray Walker's isnt that special. I'd add though that Mansell's story is an example to anyone wanting to climb that ladder; no silver spoon for him.

I do love "Tim" Birkin's "Full Throttle" though - the language is so quaint.

I found Graham Hill's autobiography a great read

Which one? There are two of them. I presume you're talking about "Graham". But then who could write a boring story about his life? Another one from the Mansell mould - worked hard for his breaks.

I agree on the Fogarty biography, but what a great rider eh? And his missus is easy on the eye too. Rossi's biography was very poor as well.

I like Nigel Mansell.

He worked hard for his success and, whenever he raced, he always gave 110% -and many times it was edge of the seat viewing.

These days, he and his sons are still actively involved in motor sport, and specifically support 'grass roots' karting. They also do a lot of charity work, especially for 'UK Youth'.

Mad Manx

I don't like Mansell, in fact I think he is a maggot!

He was a tallented driver though, but it didn't make him nice. I am not disappointed that I missed an opportunity to read his autobiography, but if people start commenting that it isn't very good, Nigel will no doubt blame whoever ghost wrote it, published it, printed it, sold it etc. because it wouldn't be his fault it is rubbish!

I also thought Jackie Stewarts book was an indulgent brag fest, but at least I learned that he and the King and Queen of Jordan are very close or if he hadn't mentioned it earlier, that he and the King and Queen of Jordan are good friends!!!!!

I have just had a few days away and managed to read both Perry McCarthys book and also Ben Collins book. Both worth a read but unlikely to win any prizes.

There are very few good books on or by drivers. The best read I have encountered was David Tremayne's book on Pryce Brise and Williamson- the only motor sport book that reduced me to tears I am not ashamed to admit. The only driver who I suspect could write superbly is Damon Hill - he has a hell of a story- and not of the 'then we went to Monza where I was fortunate enough to take pole..' type either.But most motor sport books are -to paraphrase Frank Zappa- written by people who can't write about people who can't talk for people who can't read!

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* - for The Unfair Advantage.

I don't think Mansell's autobiography can be ghostwritten, because surely a ghostwriter would have made him come across a bit less arrogant? I actually enjoyed Mansell's book because it probably was a fair reflection of his (flawed) character.

I found Graham Hill's autobiography a great read

Which one? There are two of them. I presume you're talking about "Graham". But then who could write a boring story about his life? Another one from the Mansell mould - worked hard for his breaks.

Life at the Limit ...... the way it is written, you can hear him reading it out to you !!

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 7 Oct 2010 13:32:47