Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Sigma engine oil?

Pete-B

C/C recommend Ford Formula E 5W-30 semi synthetic for the Sigma engines but my local Ford dealer tells me this has now been changed to Formula F 5W-30 and is now fully synthetic. I called C/C Midlands and they tell me they've gone back to Comma 5W-30 engine oil which is cheaper anyhow.

I'm just about to do my own interim service so not counting cost, which of these would the POBC recommend or indeed should I use another make?

The car is a Sigma 150 and only used for road work some of which is a little spirited on the odd occasion.

Thanks for any suggestions. *thumbup*

Peter

Halfords own oil (which I belive is made by comma) is very good value & sometimes they have a special offer on or freebie to give away. Last time I got a free professional screwdriver set.

The 5w30 semi synthetic oil is labeled as ford oil & I change the oil on my sigma twice a year or every 3000miles which ever comes sooner, which is twice as often as Caterham recommend. If you buy the filter there to, an oil change service will only cost about £30 anyway so it makes good sense to do it frequently.

Finding a shallow catch tray was a problem. Now the pet hamster has passed on I use the base from his former home, it's ideal!! *wink*