Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Machine shop clearance, simply masses of equipment.

kenny.

A close family friend is winding up his car restoration business and has asked me as an ex. toolmaker to catalogue and maybe help dispose of his worksop equipment.

I started the task last week and thought I'd offer things to the guys on here first, there is too much to list in one go so I will regurlarly bump this back to the top as I sift through the bits and bobs. All equipment is lightly used although at present sits under about 3 inches of grime and carp *wink*

No idea on prices but as it's a rule here I'll make it up as I go along........offers listened to from interested parties.

There is also a host of other gear I'll not get through in the near future so please PM me if you require anything in particular...ie machine vices, clarkson autolocks, slip gauge sets, spot face sets, milling cutters etc. etc. All pukka british toolroom stuff.

Pics on all below on request...I'll do that tomorrow.

Here's a taster

1) Top quality and little used "Bridgeport" by Adcock and shipley milling machine. Fitted with the model J universal head and has done little work. I fly cut a friends VX 16v Dry sump pan for him on this machine last year so you may get the idea of its bed size.

Proper machine.............£1100 ono, to include some tooling.

2)Cardiff lathe. 6ft bed, full screw cutting with both power feeds including power cross slide...................great machine Hows £600?

3)2 x No 2 fly press's 100 quid each,both proper British bruisers

4)Toolroom quality Ellis Rotary table 10 inch, excellent and again little used £100

5)Van Norman "Perfecto" portable motror block boring tool complete with tool box and tools, power lead misplaced at present.............£250

6) Sealy parts washer, little used but filthy, would scrub up like new. Model SM20T, £60 .

As I say anything wanted then just give me a shout and I'll have a rummage for you.

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Phil, the parts washer is in great nick but come and have a peep to see for yourself............and a brew *thumbup*

It was left with its fluid and oil mix in it so it needs a bloody good clean inside but its not battered or abused *thumbup*.......give us a bell anyway, haven't spoken since you got us into trouble swearing at the anoraks at the flight display in Woodvale 😬

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

I'd check Ebay for miller prices as I think you have undevalued it, these are great little machines and highly sort after. If you know what you are looking at you can get the year of manufacture from the serial number. I sold a total basket case one of these for £800 a couple of years ago, it was shipped to India and sold for a profit.

I'm not aware of the Lathe as a brand, but the spec reads well, they would make a nice couple of tools to have in the workshop for any want to be engineers?

Good luck

Phil 01, look forwrd to seeing you *thumbup*, parts washer awaits (Helicopters been hidden again by the way ☹️

Jason, Rotary table will be set aside tomorrow, cleaned down and made ready for the off *thumbup* Any initial ideas on delivery on this?....no probs though we'll speak about that later to find the cheapest and easiest method *thumbup*

Rob, many thanks for that info. *thumbup* The miller is a serious low mileage cracker which when the owner mentioned what he'd like for it surprised me......by the way if anyone wants your DTI no hard feelings here in any way shape or form *thumbup*

Phil G, loads of measuring equipment to be had although please feel free to buy Robs DTI and I'll sort anything else you may need if available *thumbup*

Bob, Only one solitary ironing board on the inventory so far *thumbdown*....although it was the workhorse used by the producers to ensure creaseless undercrackers on the M&S adverts *thumbup*.............interested *wink*

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Kenny, Rob,

More of a passing whim I guess to replace some of my apprenticeship gear which was cruelly stolen back in the early 90s along with all my snap-on gear (fortunes at today’s prices). It still grates. *mad* *mad* *mad*

Considering that was back in 1974. All my mics were imperial 0-1" etc. and I still used sine bars. *cool*

Phil

“Look at life through the aeroscreen, not the rear-view mirror”

Edited by - Phil G on 27 Sep 2010 22:08:50

If the tooling is all there the Bridgeport is a tad under priced I think Kenny.....does it have a digital readout and guarding? It could be just the job for the school workshop. Is this kit close to you geographically?

Dave

----- Dave Ardley - White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos

Hi Dave thanks for that. Machine is fairly local to me and I will take pics for you today if you wish. As for tooling it has a large vice mounted and at present is set up with an autolock chuck. When I last used the machine it was with a flycutter for a dry sump pan so tooling is there......it would be a case of mix and match. Can't remember if guards are attached will check that out...........I was always being shouted at in the toolroom as a kid for not using them anyway ☹️

I have all the paperwork relating to the machine so can answer any tech. questions re. specs you may have?

There is no digital readout.........From notes in the manual it appears to be a 1981 machine. It does look quite modern though despite its years. As I say it is a really versatile bit of kit.

Manual actually describes it as a Turret miller, where as I'd have called it a vertical with universal head *smile*.

Cheers.

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Hi Kenny, I'm tentatively looking for a small pillar drill / drill press. If anything like that pops up, please let me know. Collection may be an issue, but if worthwhile I'll sort something.

Ta *thumbup*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calm down dear, it's only a forum!

Simon, bloody 'ell just got back from sorting a few more bits out.........wish I'd known to check for that particular autolock...........will do on Thursday *thumbup* As for the spot facers, there is a wooden box with all parts complete and in their place and looking unused of various small spot facers........again real old british quality. I'll take a pic and you can see what you think.

Neil, only drills left are heavy duty big rascals, sorry mate ☹️

Kenny

HPC 218 Evo

Hi Kenny. Many thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately I am looking for a digital readout mill BUT I have circulated the details to some chums in other schools so something might come of it. It's getting the transport cost sorted that is the important bit. Might be worth ringing some local schools/colleges just in case?

Good luck with it.

Dave

----- Dave Ardley - White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams - King Clam of Clam Hill!

photos

FAO Phil G

Phil,

Looked at prices for the DTI and 0-25 mic they retail at around £90 each, the DTI I have is 2nd hand, whilst the mic is brand new if you are interested in the pair how does £50 inclusive of postage?

here are a couple of links so you can see the items and specs

http://www.mitutoyo.co.uk/MitProd/mtopr.nsf/UNIDS/9E65924109271BC48025693B00549C91!Opendocument

http://www.mitutoyo.co.uk/MitProd/mtopr.nsf/UNIDS/75F2C064D4635CB600256C24003B4734!Opendocument&NoSeq

If these are of not interest then I'll pop them on Ebay - thanks