Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheels!

caterhamnut

Want to get 4 wheels to suit our supply of old A032's for things like Brooklands. Need to fit 185 60 R14 tyres. We have a 1.6k SS on standard 'minilite' type wheels.

Also need some tyres - as GPolley have sold out of this size in A032's.

ta

😬26,000 miles in 13 months! *cool* *thumbup*

angus@tinyworld.co.uk

to buy new 32Rs its something like 45 quid for 185/70R13 and 60 for 185/60R13 or 185/60R14. Probably best to confirm with george polley - but the saving is significant enough justify moving to 13" wheels from 14". Especially the rate you accumulate mileage *smile*

13" wheels are arare second hand but new ones are available from many places for 50 quid or so each. so after 3 sets of tyres they've pretty much paid for themselves.

HOOPY CYCLE WINGS *thumbup* CUCUMBER *thumbdown*

Hi.

If you don't go the 13" way....

I've got 5 Revolution wheels (5 spoke, painted green, polished rim).

They can be yours for 150UKP, if you can come and pick them in the north of France (not a big detour from Calais to Croix en Ternois or Abbeville!)

They are quite new, because the former owner quickly fit Minilites.

The money is aimed at buying a quiter exhaust, so if you have a useless one, a swap would be a good deal.

Jeff

Cosworth 1600 BDR

13s are the way for you to go Angus I think.

Count is trying to get a bulk deal sorted, and even new from Polley they'll pay for themselves in a year or so at your rate I would have thought.

Don't affect ride comfort etc in a negative way at all so don't worry about that side of things.

And if you were to sell the 14"s you'll make money...

Certainly having thoughts about 13" wheels. My worry is that with the amount of miles we do thrashing around country roads - both here and in France, we may have a problem with ground clearance and sumps?

The obvious economical solution is to get another car which has 13" wheels already fitted. Then Tessa and I can have one each 😬

😬26,000 miles in 13 months! *cool* *thumbup*

angus@tinyworld.co.uk

Angus - half an inch difference in ground clearance. If you went 70 profile tyres (cheaper) then you'd actually have more.

Also, as you have adjustable ride height you could take it out that way.

I do like the car idea and there are quite a few available at the minute.

Why not give James a call *smile*

Angus,

Go for the 13" wheels and 185/70/13 profile 21Rs. You won't regret it. Especially as tyresa re only £40 (inc VAT) per corner. This option will give you plenty of ground clearance.

Chris Alston

1800 Supersprint - Loud and Proud 😬 ...well it only sounds fast officer 😳

Brooklands aeroscreens for those........flies in the teeth moments *eek*