Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Kumho

Stuart Miller 7

I do still have some supersofts from last year - but it would be interesting to try the Avons......and I just checked the diameter - 559mm compared to Kumho 540mm - so they would be nice and snug under the wings - (all you tarts with your CSR wings will be in trouble though *wink*) and the marginal extra width 230mm vs 226mm will be OK - not that I am really thinking about it *cool*

Of course, I need to keep some Kumhos just in case they don't work properly - or it is standing water wet - but nothing much works in that anyway!

Mike

So apparently, the standard fronts at 185 will warm up considerably quicker than the 215's. Often wondered why near all the single seaters and the quick Caterhams that arn't in our championships run small front / big rear. In fact class the class 5 boys run bigger rears.

Tell you what, you get a set of 215 all round and I'll get the little ones and we'll see what the times are. You just have to promise me you'll turn off the "R400" switch 😬 😬

Stu

We can get Paul out with his tyre temperature gauge to see who is the hottest!!

I know the bloke at BMTR said he only had two 185s and two 215s in A24 left and he considered them a set. The 185s are a bit cheaper as well!

Won't the R400 switch only get the rears up to temp more quickly - that is certainly what seems to have happened so far this season? *redface*

Mike

• 2 weeks later...