Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Project YOB the BIG KAHUNA

Racing Snake

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big Thank You Jason *thumbup*

Ignore the ol Saga git *arrowup* he has been repeating himself for a while *eek* wont be long before he needs a puncture repair kit for the rubber ring he is sitting on

Might be off to an airfield this week to help set up the brake bias on a very special car which i was out in on sunday again, more video footage for You Tube to follow

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !

Edited by - Mad Hatter on 15 Nov 2010 18:03:25

All ahead slow at the moment

Been sorting out some of the smaller detail items

Thanks you in advance to Jason who is making me a boss for my oil temp sensor, before you ask its going to be welded in the bottom of the dry sump tank

Another adaptor for the oil temp sensor in the gearbox

Next job is to decide how i will fix the temp guages under the dash, any ideas ?

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !

Just wire into the Stack and use alarms? Otherwise they're just pretty things to look at *smile*. The only time I've really had a problem (low fuel pressure) there's no way I would have been looking at a gauge - it only happens on full throttle when attention is otherwise distracted! 😬

If they're 52mm gauges, how about fabbing up something like this?

Then add something a little like this, and Bob's your uncle, you have a neat little gauge holder that you can check if you want to, but it won't distract you when driving *thumbup*

John

myothercarsa2cv

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 😬

Talloulah '08 1.6K Classic

I put my switches and oil pressure guage under the dash on the tranny tunnel with a 45degree fabricated panal that I then covered in the same vinyl as the tranny tunnel cover.

The only things on the dash is my acewell digi dash, indicator switch, and high beam and shift light positioned behind the dash visible through 6 holes. *cool*

here is my Duratec R .... C7 TOP

Taffia joint AO with Al

• 2 weeks later...

Just waiting now for the New Ultimate Performance throttle bodies (Simons own design), should be ready early february 2011 so we can get the YOB down to the 2 Steves for running in & mapping (rolling road booked for the end of Feb)

😬