Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Project YOB the BIG KAHUNA

Racing Snake

I always remember seeing my chain and mechanism after my first year of competition, it wasn't good, luckily enough Cosworth had just got involved and developed an after market product which seems to be reliable. However, I still replace it all at refresh time.

From what I know (and many clever people) it is a weak point of our engines and there is no way a standard chain and mech can reliably rev to 8500k, but I (and others) could be wrong *eek*

Want to rent an 18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset?

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lotta money to save 3kg's 😬 But you pays yer money and it's your choice *wink*

I'm not tempting fate on my standard stock crank, but's it done far more than your do at Spa or the TT *wink*

I wish you luck, it will be good motor *thumbup*

Hey Moonshine is for drinking

Yes i did and when i get a min i will do it

Probably just before a put up details for this years Hatter & Dicks Day at Llandow which is the 3rd of September *thumbup*

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !

The RR maybe an interesting session then presuming the head has very high airflow capabilities as will the TB's, but your only revving to 8K *eek*

Bags of torque I reckon, how many horses had you hoped for?

Everyone is a critic *arrowup*yawn

Anything over 300 bhp will do me and a big torque number

Remember torque wins races

More revs just means more engine wear

If i wanted a screamer i would of taken the Hayabusa motor out of the bike and stuck it in, plus supercharger of course (maybe the next one)

The end result is after much homework and after speaking to Steve Greenald, Simon Armstrong, Steve Broughton etc

The flow figures from the cylinder head coupled with the throttle bodies and the extra capacity should equal 😬 😬 😬

Mad Hatter The Dura Mentalist 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !