Click here if you are having website access problems ×

very very fast dax

Johnny_P

That was what he was mooting at Alford when he turned up "out of the blue" with a late entry!! ....He was thinking of keeping the engine though...

NB W***field now sold and should be in another class next year!(too scared of Cossie powered daxes)

Had a look at this thinking it might be the 340bhp monster highlighted in Circuit Driver this month. (340bhp from a turbocharged 1300 Hyabusa engine - total weight of car 420kg - you do the maths on power to weight *eek*). And they quoted a price of about £22k. Shame it's so ugly.

Johnny_P: Well lets just hope the Dax leaves the area then *smile* So when do we find out what this new project is. Sounds like something monoposto as well! Where did the W**ty go?

Martin: That car belongs to Duncan Cowper. If it was "only" running 340 bhp they must have had the boost wound down cos apparently its good for closer to 400!! There is an article on it on Dax's website. Its eating everything in its path in sprints and hillclimbs so far this season. Admittedly the paint job wouldnt have been my choice but apart from that.... 😬

KD

'.............and still looked a nightmare whenever it came on boost - no wheelspin to hopelessly excessive wheelspin in the blink of an eye.'

Typical turbo symptoms exacerbated by small capacity/high rpm motor.

I think you'll also find that Duncan's car's closer to 500kgs as it stands currently. Power's also debatable based on quarter mile terminal speeds i've seen.

If it were in reality a genuine 500kgs and 300bhp it would reduce the claimed power to weight by as much as 25%.

Don't get me wrong though - it's a great car being relatively cheap and very original....and very fast compared to the majority.

Home of BDR700

KD- I think Simon Frost ("the Flying Doctor) competed in one in the '80s after his Elan(or maybe it was an early Caterham). Should be out at ADMC Boyndie Sprint 6th Oct either in the 7 or ur-quattro20v. Are you entering? -do you have regs(I'm assistant to the secretary of this event so let me know if you want them)

Johnny_P

I am very tempted to enter Boyndie, i got the regs in the post a few weeks back. Problem is that i have a trip Stateside imminent but i dont know exactly when it's going to be. I wonder if i could i enter and get a refund if they clash? I'll check the regs tonight.

Looking forward to seeing the 7 though.

KD- I've had an e-mail from Neil who's not able to enter Boyndie....Also Alan Nicol "broke" his Caterham at Alford so other Dax's may be in with a chance!

Johnny_P

P.S. I suspect Alan's HPC fixed by now ....but you should enter anyway if you can!