Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil catch tank... (Dry sump)

henry21p

My dry sump setup (bellhousing style) has an old water reservoir as a catch tank for all the oil it spits out (and it spits out quite a lot!).... the problem is that I'm getting splashback/misting from it which is coating one side of the engine bay. Not entirely safe and certainly not pretty.

What does everyone else use and how do you seal it so that it catches the oil but isn't a sealed setup?

Dave

There was an idea recently posted.

The idea was to fit some kind of spongy stuff inside the oil catch tank and making the pipe go through the sponge bit.

I think I have some spongy bit somewhere in the garage somewhere you could have.

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

Edited by - jackb_ms on 13 Sep 2010 17:19:39

Edited by - jackb_ms on 13 Sep 2010 17:20:02

You're much better off buying a pukka oil catch tank like this here and piping the exhaust underneath the car - that way you won't be puking *tongue* on the fumes after a few trackday laps. I've got the rectangular one which I've installed in front of the heater. Blatmail me your email address and I'll send you a piccy of the installation.

Paul

My dry sump setup (bellhousing style) has an old water reservoir as a catch tank for all the oil it spits out (and it spits out quite a lot!).... the problem is that I'm getting splashback/misting from it which is coating one side of the engine bay. Not entirely safe and certainly not pretty.

What does everyone else use and how do you seal it so that it catches the oil but isn't a sealed setup?

My CSR uses what looks like a standard w/s washer bottle with a couple of air holes in the cap, an inlet hose and overflow hose. Can't find an exact copy on CC site but this is the nearest

here

I can take a photo if you wish

Blue7

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else

Blue's pics

Blue's vids