Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Carbon Dash

john m ryan

I was wondering the same thing - it can't be too risky given that all the loom is cable tied to things which are not part of the dash itself. I've also had to replace my speedo and a switch, and these were easy to pop out. All the plugs are of a length that would allow easy identification. I think the hardest part is physically removing and refitting and not the electrical aspects. Hopefully this is the case...

The hardest part is removing the scuttle and knee guards, all the rivets have to be drilled out, I had take the heater out (move to one side) etc. Not hard just a pain. I put new buttons in mine which required some rewiring but apart from that it is straight forward!

*smile*

C7 WEA 1.6K DVA Power

as grubster says few bits to unbolt, steering column bolts winscreen wipers etc. then run a long thin blade along the bulkhead to split the silicon seal and the whole scuttle lifts off, can even leave the screen on once you have pulled the terminals for the heated screen if you have one.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here

As above and photograph everything for reference.

Should take about 20 mins to take the scuttle and bulkhead off, make sure you remove the battery positive before attempting if you have an FIA switch fitted.

Jonathan

=========================

My Flickr Gallery

92 Supersprint, Ford LSD LA, RK AX Crossflow. Stealth model (Matt Black and Ali), rebuild completed.