Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Widetrack Shock Extensions Help Needed

STEVE GILBERT

Just assembled my new secondhand Widetrack Kit and upon lowering the car to the ground discovered I need the Shock Extension Parts. I understand these are not always used so If anyone has any lying around, particularly if your near Colchester then please get in touch. I have no idea if these are a seperate item from Caterham but will call them tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Steve.

Steve

Mine has the extensions, I was at Hyperion today and they were telling me if i put adjustable platforms on, then i should bin the extensions.

Two options here, by me the adjustable platforms and you can have my extensions, or put adjustable platforms on. You could speak to Jeremy at Hyperion.

When are you going to pop over? you misserable bugger, i haven't seen or heard from you for ages 😬

Should have said If you want to have alook at my set up let me know.

Edited by - shaun soanes on 4 Sep 2002 17:35:06

Steve,

Sorry I didn't reply yesterday - those merciless employers kept me busy.

In the end I (well my dad actually) made a block of ali, about 20mm long and drilled a hole through its length the same diameter as the piston rod. This was cut down the middle. The kerf of the cut gives you enough gap to clamp this in a big vice around the top end of the piston rod. If you get really stuck, a bit of emery paper for lining should give you more grip and as long as you hold it at the top that part of the rod never enters the shocker, so slight marks won't matter.

Have fun!

Ben

Ben

That was exactly my solution except I keyed the surface of the rod for extra grip and used a little heat. Why on earth would they put threadlock on somthing that is not fixed on the other end *confused* Still its all done now *wink*

Sean

who you going to the festival with on the 6th?

Steve

Edited by - STEVE GILBERT on 5 Sep 2002 21:21:53