Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Way o/t - Honda PC50 moped parts

peterg

If anyone has any old Honda PC50 (ohc or ohv) parts and especially the exhausts lying around at the back of the shed/garage please let me know, I'm currently restoring an OHC one that has all the bits but another mate now has 3, all recomissioned from barn finds, but the exhausts are all a bit fragile and they aren't easy to get hold of...

Well mine is a 1970 with 7318 miles on the clock and currently still has the original Bridgestone front tyre on it *eek* it hasn't been used since 1995 but runs well and is all there, it just needs a good clean and fettle 😶‍🌫️

I have a few mates with them - one of them has rebuilt 6 barn find PC50s and all are running on moped charity runs etc with no probs...

We know of all the usual UK parts places (there's a good one in Holland for example) and regularly scan eBay for the right bits but some may be languishing iun a dusty corner somewhere which is why I thought I'd put a shout up on here in case anyone has one (or bits of one) in their shed *thumbup*

I'll keep an eye out for anything coming up my local newspaper - you never know.

I seem to remember that the handbook claimed 256 mpg. I could certainly run it for a fortnight on 12.5 pence worth of petrol (fuel was 25p per gallon then) - which was about all I could fit in it (1/2 Gall tank IIRC). *cool*

Nick

It's life Jim, but not as WE know it!