Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear Light cluster not water tight

glasgow

Needed to change the brake light bulb today. When removing the rear light cluster, I found about 1 cm depth of water sitting inside. I thought of applying silicon or Gaffer tape to the edge of the casing however, this may make it difficult to open when I need to change the light bulb next time. Any experience with this matter, please?

From here:

As the caravan lights are mounted upside down on a Seven, the drain holes in the lenses are at the top, I fill them with silicone sealant, and hacksaw a couple of slots in the underside of each lens. Also check the large hole in the rear wing where the wiring passes through in to the light cluster ...... it is often too big, and needs filling with a spiral bead of silicone sealant.

Andrew

Had exactly the same problem ages ago (had to change brake bulb, ended up with full lights worth of water down my leg and shoe)

Removed the plastic cover, drill two small holes on the underside (remembering which way is up!!) and reattach. Haven't had another problem since.

Thanks for the advice....

f i close the two holes with silicone is that not enough? The other issue is the bulb holders on both right and left hand sides is full of corrision, may be safer to replace them. Never knew the light cluster is a caravn one... is it cheaper to by it from other places than CC?

Thank you