Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Legal requirement for a rear view?

Steve W

I am going on a trackday soon and would like to take along a spare set of wheels.

Until I make myself a wheel rack over the winter I have wondered about just strapping the four wheels to the roll bar. They would fit a treat but you could not see out of the rear view mirror. The view from the drivers side mirror is unaffected (the passengers side is rather hidden by the JPE screen). If stopped by the police where do I stand!

Keith you know me two well !!! 😬 😬

Ok sounds like a plan. I will extend the mirror support on the passenger side . Then I'll have a clear view with two mirror's and will just strap the wheels to the back.

Edited by - steve w on 3 Sep 2002 21:07:08

Edited by - steve w on 4 Sep 2002 00:01:56

Significant numbers of vans and trucks do not have 'interior' rear view mirrors due to the absence of rear windows. Likewise, nothing stops you loading an estate up to the roof. I should think that any reasonable officer would be concerned about security of the load and or overloading. *wink*

Well I have now repositioned the passenger side mirror so it has a clear view over the JPE screen. A couple of strong ratchet straps should take care of securing the load. Think I'll give it a try over the weekend. So watch out for a red seven with four wheels strapped to the back blasting around Herts *cool*