Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CATERHAM VAUXHALL

Joachim Westermann

From another thread -

"We produce the carbon parts not commercial. Marius wrote here: "He´s doing that Caterham thing just for hobby and to finance his Caterham racing, not to earn his living with it."

This looks commercial to me. I don't have a problem with it - but be straightforward about it.

Either that or it's one hell of a hobby he's got.

Why don't you just put an ad in Low Flying Joachim if these are causing problems.

I personally couldn't give a monkey's if people end up getting what they want for what they believe is a fair price - They wouldn't buy it otherwise I suppose.

I think it's a totally subjective issue as to whether people are making money out of it, and one that in reality is going to be hard to prove and not worthwhile pursuing I would guess.

Home of BDR700

Come on guys, keep calm, he´s REALLY doing that for hobby and it is indeed one hell of a hobby... *smile*

In "real" life he is building wooden houses and trading with timber. A wonder he´s not more into Morgans.. *confused*

Joachim is just an absolute Caterham-Mania and believe me, the profits he gains from selling/producing parts for the 7 do not cover the costs of racing the sequential Swindon-caterham in several race-series, sometimes up to 6 races a weekend.

By the way, Joachim & Arnie have something in common, has something to do with Schuey 🙆🏻

Peace !

Marius

Joachim

Mine will be for sale after the Festival (where I'm racing - number 20), so feel free to come & have a look.

2000 Academy/Graduates spec 1600 Vauxhall 8v

Originally built by Caterham Midlands

Orange body & nose cone, black wings - paintwork & bodywork in virtually perfect condition

Race ready - also used on the road

V registration plate.

Full roll cage

Full weather gear (sidescreens, tonneau, hood)

Quick release Momo steering wheel

Battery cut-out

Plumbed in fire extinguisher

1 Tillet seat, 1 leather

Driver's side honeycomb protection

Fuel tank honeycomb protection

Maintained regardless of cost by Team Parker Racing (and previously Caterham Midlands)

6,000 miles with engine rebuild at 4,800

Fast car - holds Graduates lap record for Vauxhall cars at Croft

£10,500 ono. Basingstoke area in Hampshire

Telephone 01256 851728 (answerphone).

Of course, anyone else is free to call now, but I hadn't planned to put it up for sale until after the Festival. Hopefully it will be in the same condition after the race *confused*

Edited by - Martin H on 6 Sep 2002 09:02:12

Edited by - Martin H on 9 Sep 2002 18:58:27