Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

O/T Ford Focus central locking

AMMO

I'm wondering if anybody can help.

The central locking on my Ford Focus Estate has gone a bit haywire. When you lock it using either the key or the remote it immediately unlocks itself again. On one occasion I managed to lock it and when I went back to it the next morning it had unlocked itself. It must have been happening for a while as I have gone to the car in the morning and have found it unlocked.

Anyone had this happen to them or have any ideas at where I should start looking?

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Might give it a go later today and could do with some ideas as to where to start looking.

Thanks.

Ammo

Raceco.com

Also check that the flap that covers the ignition barrell is closing, on my Jag X-Type (I can already hear the comments "so a ford mondeo then") if the flap doesn't close the locking won't take place. Looking on the Jag Forum, the ignition barrel is a common fault....

It's also possible a sensor thinks that a door/boot is still open, the if you do it with the Jag it will beep the horn and flash the indicator closest to the offending item.

Does the Focus have one of these message centre type things? If so it might be worth starting the engine and seeing if it announces that a door is still open???

Mike

07 Plated RoadSport SV 150 in Red with Black nose band and stripe

Many thanks guys.

Seems to be a problem with the passenger door lock that is not working properly. If I lock the doors with the remote or with the key on the drivers side door the doors immediately re-open. If I lock the passenger side door with the key the doors all lock and stay locked.

I just remembered that a while ago the doors locked and unlocked themselves as I was driving along. I have been getting noises from the tailgate so will also investigate the wiring to that and the fuel flap as well to see if that has a switch.

Ta *thumbup*

Ammo

Raceco.com

WD40 on the passenger door lock seems to have solved it. The lock was probably a bit sticky from lack of use and not locking properly not allowing the other locks to lock as well?

It looks like it was Orion syndrome as experienced by Wrightpayne.

I'm hoping it stays fixed!

Thanks again guys for your suggestions. *thumbup*

Ammo

Raceco.com