Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Smoothing the airflow on a 7 !!!!!

The Village Idiot

Linsey Mercer had some mods done to his SV R300+ that were along these lines, it did make improvements. here

flat floor sideskirts and defuser etc. all in aluminium. sideskirts did make getting off the trailer a little tricky.

I feel the re- rooting of the exhaust through the passenger area could give a little gain if the car was going to be a full on racer with aero, especially if an a ali tonneau over the passenger area would make this area unused.

Kevin R

black(but sometimes orange)-ali HPC

here

Thanks for the link MOCA2CV. Interested to read that at 100mph the roof and doors are worth 10hp. Do you know how much of this was from the doors (that I am allowed to race with) and how much was from the roof (that I am not). As neither increase the swept area, I presume that it's of net benefit to run the extra weight.

Also, how would a half-door compare to a full-door?

Jez

I had an interesting illustration of lift in my car last time I was at the ring. I had wedged my baseball cap firmly down behind the passenger seat but it was easily sucked from the car when I was running flat out on the straight. That experience also reminded me how much my helmet was lifting against the strap at the same speed.

The lift must be pretty large ....

Its turbulance surely, there's not going to be a steady state pressure gradient in the cabin? No doubt there's a difference in pressure in the cabin and under the floor which would exert lift on the floor.

Duratec R538 Build and Modification Pictures

here

• 5 years later...