Click here to contact our helpful office staff Γ—

Elise series 2 service ?

ECR

I am just trying to buy an Elise to bring back to France. It has recorded 29000 miles so I would guess a service is due. Is this a big service ? If it is I'll try to make an appointment to have it done whilst in the UK.

Any comments on a 2001 Elise before I buy ?

• Area Representative

Hi Roger,

Β 

Unfortunately it depends on what previous servicing has been done on the car rather than the ultimate mileage. The servicing intervals and what's done is shown : Lotus Elise Servicing Schedule

Β 

I bought an 8 year old S1 111S with 14k miles and the previous owner had very prudently had the C service carried out which involved the expensive cambelt change *smile* plus a host of other services too *thumbup*.

Β 

Things to check on an Elise is how much they leak, evidence of stress around the wishbone and suspension mounts indicating heavy track use and or crash damage, identical coloured bond throughout car to show whether anything new has been glued onto the chassis, if the floorpans have been changed under the factory recall when the originals started to develop corrosion and black spots.

Β 

I guess this must be a long tail soft top car as its an early'ish reg for an S2?

Β 

Hope you are both keeping well down there *biggrin*

Β 

Nick

Β 

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...