Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Several at Silverstone on the southern circuit

Shad

Cracking circuit I thought, the changes to Club and the 'infield' section have really improved it compared to the old south circuit.

The 3 MPS is... a very impressive little car! Something like 260hp through the front wheels, which rang alarm bells to start with. But it's got LSD and some trick electronics and honestly, it was astonishing how early and aggressively you can get on the throttle. For a road car on road tyres, the grip and balance was not bad at all! And in a straight line - blimey. It certainly gets up and goes!!

The MX5 was still much more fun though, especially in the dry. Still needs more power but it's quite predictable and entertaining on the limit. I could have happily looned around in that for much longer 😬

Highlight of the day for me was, by sheer coincidence, meeting a friend from Hondas On Track there with his race prep'd DC5 Integra. I had about 10 minutes behind the wheel of that - reminded me just how good a properly setup FWD car can be. Not a lot between that and my Caterham, in fact at one point we were keeping ahead of one of the R400s. Fantastic bit of kit *thumbup*

Simon

niknak.org

I was impressed with the circuit too, it wasn't too fast at all and had some interesting corners. I wasn't too keen on the flooded muddy road to get to the paddock area though, that needs sorting out asap.

The MPS things were quite quick in a straight line but the MX5s looked far more fun. I passed one that was definitely been driven in a spirited manner.