Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RSA 2001

The Village Idiot

2001 road legal RSA 1.6K, multiple race winning car in it's time very well sorted and now an excellent track day car.

This is on it's original panels/paint/decals so cosmetically is very well used - every panel is marked (either small dents or paint missing)

The car has a race chassis with the handbrake under the dash, lowered battery position. The car only sustained chassis damage once in its racing history where it went straingt on over a kerb. The lower front chassis cross member has two small dents either end where it hit the kerb. The chassis has been checked, tracks straight and all pick up points are correct. There is some minor surface corrosion on the chassis. All of this I would show to any potential purchaser.

Painted Cadburys Purple with silver noseband and black front wings.

Spec is as follows :-

1.6K series supersport engine, totally rebuilt 2 years/5 thousand miles ago by Minister to the original 2001 RSA spec. The only things kept from the original engine were the block and head everything else was changed including new forged pistons and crank. Invoiced at £5.5K for the rebuild - the engine is strong, linear and revs to cut off at 7,800 very well, doesn't use any oil.

gold dry sumped

tripple pass ali rad

blue silicon hoses

wide track, rear adjustable roll bar

adjustable shocks (Bilstein race)

quick rack

momo wheel

6 speed

lowered floors

honeycomb drivers floor

full RSA cage/side intrusion bars

stack data logging dash/bike speedo added to give accurate speed/mileage

transponder

electric cut off switch

race perspex screens

Willans six point, passenger 4 point harnesses

bag tank

fuel cut off switch

molded foam race seat, passenger seat - foam wrapped in duck tape

race brake master cylinder, back discs/pads plenty left on them, front discs pads fine but will need changing in the next couple of thousand miles, foot/heel rest on drivers floor for heel/toeing, brake bias valve

plumbed in fire extinguisher

LSD

immobiliser followed by ignition switch/red started button

bare ali inside the car

powerspeed repackable exhaust (non cat) tests about 93 dba so NEVER any problems at track days/4 into 1 race manifold

Wheels - would be sold with silver minilites (used) with CR500's (back ones legal but thin, fronts about 2.5mm tread with two more front pairs of about 3mm tread thrown in)

You will not go around a corner faster for the money, there are of course many faster cars in a straight line. I have never had either an R300 or R400 come past this car on track.

The joy of this car is that it has "original race patina", its outwards looks are "poor" but everything it has ever needed mechanically has been done without fail. It was built by Gerrard at Virtual 7.

Please email if you would like photos, this will not be put up for sale anywhere else, would make a fantastic sprinting car/magnificent 7's race car, It is on standard induction so would be a potential class winner in the sprint series class 3.

It is only for sale as I have seen another 7 that I would like.

£12,000

Dicks

Edited by - Richard @ Summit on 25 Aug 2010 22:46:04

I have to say this car is a peach, looked after and very well balanced

I have been round Bedford Autodrome in the passenger seat with Dicks and passed everything else on track in the corners including Fezza's, GT3's,R8's and various Lotus

Perfect for anyone who fancies trying there hand at sprinting etc

And a BARGAIN

Mad Hatter Racing - Feel The Duralight R Torque 😬 Carl @ Penn 7's *thumbup* Caution - May Contain Nuts !