Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Which type(s) of Dinitrol?

Golf Juliet Tango

• Area Representative

Regarding the repair of my 21.

Whilst the body is off and being repaired, it would be a good idea to put plenty of corrosion preventative on the chassis.

I have been reading through this page and was wondering which products from the selection people reccomend. Can I use a single product all the way round, or are the variations significant?

I presume spray application is prefered generally but is there a place for brush application?

This thread suggests 3125 and 4941.

I like the sound of the 445 which is "permanently elastic anti-stone chip product" for "high abrasion like wheel arches". I have looked under the bonnet of several 21s and the inner wheel arches and the spaceframe tubes ther all look awful on all of them.

Should I use something different inside the engine bay (remember that there is an undertray on the 21)?

What have other people used and why?

I have some small tins of POR15 and Chassis Coat Black to replace the powder coating where neccesary (that is several places!)

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

Edited by - Golf Juliet Tango on 23 Aug 2010 10:06:56

I've run out on Dinitrol 3125 and really need it today, does anyone know where I might but some in my area? South Hants- Portsmouth! I need the aerosol type not the kind that requires a 'gun' .

TIA

Be Lucky!!

Martin

(Solent Se7ens)

• Area Representative

OK Jack

My chassis is at Arch at the moment, so it will be a while before I start some repainting. Only after that will I apply the Dinitrol. I rather expect that I will get all three types!

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.