Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Airheart 'chocolate' handbrake caliper setup to suit uprated rear AP brakes

Shad

Been doing some reading and although these appear to be generally useless, they look like they would be good enough for MOT time without the hassle of re-fitting a standard Sierra setup. It seems like quite a few people have thrown these in the proverbial bin too, so I'm hoping someone somewhere might still have the kit kicking around... *smile* *wavey*

Simon

niknak.org

They are useless and near impossible to set up so they actually work properly. I've had to adjust them at the MOT centre before the test so they're just rubbing the rear disc then when you apply the handbrake very hard they just about get it through. If you can find something better I would go with it *thumbup*

VX HPC - Loud and proud here

Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere

Hi

I would agree with the other comments, mine works for about an hour a year!

I think Hi Spec do a calliper that serves a similar function but no idea if it is any better.

I recall reading somewhere that they are also not a straight swop for the AP unit.

Alan

No panic Ric *smile*

Alan, funny you should mention Hi Spec - I've been looking at this spot/handbrake caliper from them. I think I could make up a bracket to bolt it to the ear at the front.

Also, this has given me some ideas. The Wilwood caliper is quite a bit cheaper than the Hi Spec. Only trouble would be routing and mounting the cable.

Simon

niknak.org

Edited by - Shad on 26 Aug 2010 10:28:52

Simon

Somewhere I have some notes from some one who has already done the conversion from AP spot calipers. Send me a blat mail and I will try to find them and send them back to you.

Not sure if you could still get the CC bracket for the AP version and then adapt it. I would try calling Darren in CC parts and see what he has to say.

I plan to look at this as a project for the winter.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...