Click here if you are having website access problems ×

L7 S4 1972 Lotus Twin Cam

Wile7

It certainly looks very nice, but top price - not surprising as it's from Vincent Haydon, who used to be a Caterham dealer based in Salsibury a decade or so ago.

I'd quite fancy a nice S4 but not at that price I'm afraid, I'd rather have a serlies 3 Lotus Seven but it was a good 'spot' Dave. *thumbup* *wink*

Paul J.

• Area Representative

I like those seats too and, despite not liking the S4, do agree that it does look like a cracking example of the breed.

What amazes me most though is the airfilter arrangement from pic 9.

Is that for real; as it looks like someone has just rested a Mini's exhaust silencer box on the engine while they took the pic. 😬

Giles

Beryl the Peril (HPC)

My dad considered buying this car for use as a 60's sports & saloon racer. He viewed it and the only real 'problem' with it is that non-standard dashboard. Returning it to standard would involve a replacement bodyshell or a costly 'graft' of a standard dash onto the existing shell.

Everything else appeared to be top notch but in the end dad decided to stay with S3's *wink*

Q41 ACF Classic Grad #98

I also looked at the car before finding my S3. It was advertised in the Club Lotus UK Mag for £8K. I had a friend look at it and the only thing we could find was that the water pump was excessively worn. I actually had first refusal on it and I made a lower offer but it was rejected as a "Collector" was offering the full amount. I think Collector means Dealer *eek*

Its a lovely car and it would have been easy to import to France!

My wife said it looked like a banana 😳

Terry

Lotus Elan +2 S130/4 1973

Caterham Seven Supersprint 1985

For a Gite Holiday in France - Click here