Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.4 K EU2 MEMS for loan

jingars

Hello Folks,

I have a 1.8K that started off life as a 1.4 EU2. I had a run-in with a BMW a few weeks ago and the car is now with Millwood for repair. The engine stopped immediately after the accident, which I assumed was due to a wiring issue caused by the driver's side rear wing and light assembly being removed with some force.

Millwood has informed me that they think the car needs a new ECU. I have an Emerald in a box that I bought the best part of two years ago and have never fitted, but I feel that chucking the Emerald at them merely adds potential for error (untried kit and no specific map, etc) rather than helping.

I cannot see how ripping the rear wing and wiring out would trash a MEMS, but does anyone have a surplus and suitable MEMS knocking around (perhaps after they have actually fitted an Emerald, rather than just buying it and leaving it in a box) that I could borrow to help Millwood prove/disprove the ECU as the culprit?

I really would like the car back - I am missing her it dreadfully.

TIA.

Hello Tony,

That was a prompt response - thanks very much.

I am actually over in Droitwich (between junctions 5 and 6 of the M5), but would be happy to meet up over Coventry way to collect it if that suits you, sir?

Blatmail me some contact numbers and suggested time/venue for a meet up and I will give you a call *thumbup*