Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Westfield - L7C Challenge 28th August

FlymoFraser

I know that quite a few of you use the Saturday marshalls sprint for some sneaky practice for the Sunday but this year there is an added dimension.

Saturday 28th of August signals an epic day of challenges in the centre of England at one of the most popular motor-sport venues in the Country – and it’s all for charity.

Curborough Sprint Course near Lichfield in Staffordshire plays host to the British Motorsport Marshalls Club Sprint on Saturday 28th of August 2010. Traditionally this is the day before the Lotus Seven Club Sprint so you’ll see lots of experienced Sprinters from the Club getting in practice for the next days event. In addition the Westfield Car Club will be there and the two clubs have thrown down the gauntlet for the day to see once and for all, which is faster on the track, Caterham or Westfield.

In addition to the racing we’ll have a gladiator challenge set up so whether you are racing or not you can still have a challenge and there’ll be a prize for the overall winner.

On top of all that we’ll have:

-Fairground stalls to entertain kids and adults alike such as “Whack a Cat” and “Tin Cat Alley”

-The ESV with regalia and shelter from the sun.

-On site caterers

Come and join us for a fun day for all the family, proceeds go to the British Motorsport Marshalls Club (without whom there wouldn’t be any motor sport and Staffordshire Air Ambulance.

Curborough Sprint Course is situated off the A38 trunk road between Burton on Trent and Lichfield in Staffordshire.

The venue is Brown Signed once you are off the A38, and also the A515 from the West. Further details of the venue can be found at Curborough.co.uk

Nick Algar (British Sprint Champion) will also be running his Gould GR55 with a 3.5 ltr Cosworth V8. He recently took the single lap record at Curbs and will no doubt be keen to better Steve Days recent double lap record.

If you want further information or want to lend a hand on the day, please contact Neil Fraser on neilfraser1202@blueyonder.co.uk. or simon.rogers@lotus7club.com

Chris

The rules for the event will be confirmed prior to the day and will be dependent on the number of competitors. However the principal scoring system will be based on Class

Records. There will be no mixing of classes required. There are 6 classes in each club championship and these will remain unchanged. We will run in the appropriate specified classes as always.

Scoring will be as follows (An example is shown below):1st Equal to Class Record eg 60 secs =100.00 points

2nd 62.20 secs 96.46 points

3rd 64.58 secs 92.91 points

4th 66.78 secs 89.85 points

The Club with the most points on the day will be the Winners. (Depending on numbers only the top (x) number of cars in a class may be counted). There will also be a Cup for the Best Score of the Day. Someone bettering a Class record will score in excess of 100 pts.

Mark D

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 20 Aug 2010 08:46:09

Yes it will be as announced previously *tongue*

We run in our normal classes and then scored against class records so match the record and you get 100% and so forth.

Depending on entries we will count the top (x) cars from each team. So we could be counting all the Class 1 cars and no Class 4 cars etc.

Highest %age on the day as an individual also gets a pot.

Competition Sec

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

Must type faster - (yeh yeh before I get the abusive reply) - some would say just like my driving 😳

DRINKS CANS - WE NEED YOU EMPTIES - well Neil Fraser does.

We need as many as possible for the Tin Cat Ally so please collect them over the next week and bring them along.

Neil can you tell us what image to print out and tape on please?

Competition Sec

Management Team Member

If in doubt.......Flat out!

Cans

Thanks for the offers, more the merrier as they will get bashed up. If you drop me a blat mail or e mail I'll send you the designs to wrap around the cans, if you can't do that, let me know roughly how many cans you can bring and I'll shout stop when there are enough.

Just to clarify, I need "normal" drinks cans or 400ml type food cans and they need to be clean please *thumbup*

Right, now that I'm off with the kids this week, time to get them making little Caterhams and Westies for the Whack a Cat game 😬

Re camping, normally the gate is open on the Friday night and there will be a few people there, might even see me *wavey*

Finally, have you seen the weather? Looking Good *smokin*

Just been for a walk over to the oppositions camp.

Can't find any details of the Curborough records for a two lap event ?

Seem's there series uses the 1 lap format, do records exist for the two lap format.

And how many (hopefully most) of the opposition will go straight on after the first lap 😬

Q469 WET, 1990 1690 Xflow Long Cockpit in Ali except for the red bits. .CaterBram on Facebook

• Area Representative

Hi Dave,

Plenty of space for camping on Saturday night (and Friday night too I expect) and no problem with space for your car and trailer. There is usually a good turnout who camp over with the BBQ and use of the ESV marquee. We'll be there *wink*

Cheers

Nick

Back in a BEC! - but done alright in Class 1...

Seem's there series uses the 1 lap format, do records exist for the two lap format.

And how many (hopefully most) of the opposition will go straight on after the first lap

We only used a one lap format this year as we invited the NSCC and the combined numbers would have meant we couldn't give everyone three runs if it was two laps... the previous couple of years were two laps 😬

In 2009 the three fastest cars (as mentioned in the other thread on ChitChat) were within 0.1secs of each other *wink*

L7 Curborough Class Records for 2 lapper...

Class 1 = Matt Jenkins 63.96 25/08/2007

Class 2 = Dan Malkin 61.61 25/08/2007

Class 3 = David Nelson 59.09 25/08/2007

Class 4 = Mike Sankey 58.41 16/05/2010

Class 5 = Simon Rogers 56.81 16/05/2010

Class 6 = Brodie Branch 54.03 28/08/2005

Rob *thumbup*

Hi,

How much is spectator entry on Saturday? I'll be going anyway, but my sister in law (non member) has 3 young kids, who love the Caterham and would enjoy popping in to this as they live just down the road. Obviously with 5 of them (for a relatively quick visit before the kids lose interest), if it's pricey, it's an expensive day out.

Many thanks in advance, *thumbup*

Simon