Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Quick Release boss extension

swsambler

Has anybody got experience of an aftermarket boss to bolt direct to the three bolt quick release boss for the momo sterring wheel. I am seeking a solution to bring the wheel away from the dash and closer to the driver.

I have looked at the after market and there are plenty for the 6 bolt larger PCD steering wheels, but apparently none for the smaller PCD three bolt hub.

I have checked with Demon Tweeks and they do not know of one.

Any ideas? *confused*

Simon

Roadsport 175 SV

Loosen the clamp on the column and slide the upper part out to gain some extra.

Easy enough to make an extension - lump of ali, drilled and tapped each end to suit, or even drilled right through and use long bolts.

Deep dish wheel?

Probably just as easy to move the seat forward and the pedals forward to the front mounts?

Bri

• Area Representative

I can't imagine that you would need any more movement than that which can be gained by loosening the clamp and sliding the column as Bricol suggests.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

I've got the Rapfix QR Boss and column from 7Tips (cheers Simon, it's fab)

Rapfix

I replaced the Lifeline QR boss with that and it's much better, no play at all. The column that 7Tips get made up ends up being a good inch or so longer due to the boss dimensions, which has given me the extra column reach I was looking for.

Martyn

R300GRR

Mic - when you say "any left", should you find that you have multiples and standing in line behind Simon, obviously, I'd be interested in one, too - I'd quite like to have my (Racetech) wheel with its quick-release boss a little closer as well but have to have the seat as far back as possible for legroom, hence can't afford to slide the seat forward.

Perhaps you could let me know as and when you look and also what the arrangements might be for relieving you of one should you have multiples - thanks.

Pierson

Thank you for the usual high quality support and ideas.

I have investigated Bricol's suggestion and have gained 40mm, must have had it shoved right into the dash when I built it up earlier this year.

Just had a great blat with full control. No need to move my hands on the wheel now.

*smile* *smile*