Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

tillet seat

Fred

the floor needs the runners to strengthen/reinforce it. So the runners need to be in direct contact with it to spread the load.

Its much comfier with a load of washers. I use 4 big washers (The tilet stamped plastic things) and one half size one. Darren Ball uses a specially home made 2" spacer. That may be a bit extreme, but they are definitely better reclined...

HOOPY CYCLE WINGS *thumbup* CUCUMBER *thumbdown*

• 1 month later...

Fred

I am struggling fitting the Tillet seats, problem is the holes in the floor appear to be "off set" to the outside of the car by as much as 10mm, the seat hits the inside body work and won't line up *confused*

I have spoken to Caterham and they say mearsure the holes form the tunnel and bulkhead to determin they have be drilled in the correct location, "if not we will have to have the car back" 😳

Any suggestions *biggrin*

R300 NUT

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 29 Oct 2002 12:31:56

Right way round ! If they are fitted the wrong way round do they not push the seat forward instead of sitting up against the bulkhead ? I will check

Reading several threads it seams you have to elongate the seat holes to move the seat towards the tunnel, this has got to be a cock-up by Caterham or Arch ! 🙆🏻

R300 NUT

oopps. yes passenger seat

Edited by - Bafty Crastard on 29 Oct 2002 15:08:46

I also had to elongate the holes towards the transmission tunnel to make the seat fit but by using planet washers the slot his hidden from sight. I have also fitted adjustable runners on the passenger side so that the seat slides right back and by packing out the front using some ally tube cut to a length of 2cm the Petty strut now fits.

I know the adjustable runners add a bit more weight so I'll just have to lose a couple of extra pounds over the winter *wink*

Mark

Hi,

Can I ask a couple of dumb arse questions - I hope you don't think I'm hijacking !!

1. Is a tillet seat the plastic bucket one that Caterham sells? and ....

2. Would it fit on the runners that I've currently got for my leather ones.

I really like the look of the plastic bucket seats, but I'm trying to work out whether replacing my leather ones is within my DIY capabilities, especially with you guys talking about measuring holes and lining up the runners *confused*

cheers, Matt.

Matt,

Q1 - Yes

Q2 - You may be able to fit your existing runners to the Tillets, but the holes won't line up on the floor because once you attached the runners to the Tillets you will find the runners much closer together. The Tillet is a narrower seat.

I have converted from pre type S seats to Tillets. Mail me off line if you want more details/discuss.

Rgds

Ian

HPC150

ian_balson@yahoo.co.uk