Click here if you are having website access problems ×

advice needed please, Complete exhaust system

Paul22uk

Looking to buy a new exhaust system & mainfold for a 1700 xf

what is the best type of mainfold to get 4 to 1 or 4-2-1 ?

would it be worth getting a repackable silencer ? if so which one ?

where would be the best place to get the system from ?

any advice, tips & ideas would be of great help

Many thanks

Paul

Paul

Can't answer all your questions but would recommend a call to Chris Wheeler at the 7 workshop (I think he's in the contacts list on the home page) he fitted me a rather shiny Tech craft silencer onto my existing down pipes,all in all rather nice - took me down from 104db to 98/99db just in time for a Silverstone evening sesh *smile*

Oh and he's generally jolly helpful (replaced one of my hood poppers when I happened along for somenew brake pads) and generally quite jolly (just don't mention getting his truck knicked - I think it's still a sore subject)

Jason

thanks jason i'll give chris a go !

any other ideas people espically xf owners? what type of mainfold is besty and were is the best place to get on from ?

come on i need to order one this week please help !

Paul

Edited by - paul22uk on 3 Sep 2002 09:17:12

Can second comments regarding Chris Wheeler and the Techcraft product.

My (limited) understanding is that the difference between 4:2:1 & 4:1 on a standard (sprint or s/sprint) x/flow is that it makes very little difference (possible slight diff in mid range vs. top end). But if you're planning engine upgrades then 4:1 is a must from what I understand. I want to be careful not to generalise 'cos the parameters and complexities of exhaust design (primary length, width etc) mean that you quite simply can't.

I changed my 4:2:1 primaries for 4:1 at the same time as I got the Techcraft silencer, Chris also supplied a modified collector to fit one to t'other. Probably not the cheapest but looks the DBs (especially when professionally polished - see my website).

Kevin Thomas

kevin.thomas@bigfoot.com

www.7gallery.co.uk

At our area meet last night AMMO brought along a raceco silencer and i have to say it was a very nicely finished piece of kit (ti, i belive and also in alloy) it may well be worth giving Raceco a call . Ammo may well be worth speaking to himself as he knows all the ins and outs on these *thumbup*

Mark *wink*