Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dumb quick release question

Seven in SA

Looking at a racetech 240mm wheel with the quick release boss. On the website it requests the hole size and the slug diameter. Exactly what do I measure? I was thinking the hole size was the internal diameter of the steering column cover and the slug would be the actual column. The hole size appear to be smaller so that sends that theory to the compost heap of crap theories.

A friend is going to bring it over for me so I can't afford any mistakes. Once again apologies for the stupidity of this query.

Thank you

Nic

Nic

Assuming you're buying it from Caterham I believe they sell you the top steering column as well so I imagine the sizes they need are.

1) The internal diameter of the steering column cover below the dashboard

2) the internal diameter of the part the column fits into, don't know if it's called a slug but it's the clamp that holds the two halfs together (just below Brake Master Cylinder)

If in doubt ring Darren or Tony at the parts dept

Mark

Mark,

It's to go on a Birkin so I was hoping to just get the wheel and the boss from racetech and get it fitted to the current steering column. Is this easy or am I better going the whole job lot? My problem is that the import tax over here would add about 40% to the price, so a friend will bring it in his luggage at the end of the month. I feel the column might stick out a bit.

Does anyone have the number for race-tech? I can't find it on the website, either that or I am blind. My only excuse is that a real blind has just fallen on my head, I am therefore not thinking straight *confused*

Nic