Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Orbea Ali/carbon road bike

paul jacobs

My son has been in New Zealand for the past couple of years, and won't be returning to UK until at least next spring/summer, so has asked me to sell his barely used road racing bike. The first place I thought to place an ad. was, of course here, so this is what he has told me to say:-

Orbea Asphalt 53cms, compact aluminium frame with carbon blade forks and seat stays. The groupset was completely updated 2008 to 105/ultegra, with Fsa gossamer compact chainset, Richey WCS stem and Easton bars, Richey Carbon Pro seat post and Fizik seat. Vittorio tyres on Mavic rims with Shimano hubs. Comes with Cateye speed/cadence computer. Little use on the new groupset, ready for riding now. £495.00 ono.

I'm afraid most of that means very little to me, but apparently upgraditus is even worse in the biking world than in ours. As an indication of size, he is a modest 5' 8". All I can add, is that it looks in really nice cosmetic condition and knowing how much it all cost him, it looks like a bargain now.

BM for some pictures and if you want a look I live just outside Taunton, the number is 01823 421748.

Paul J.

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 14 Aug 2010 13:04:35