Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1 tonne shackles - lots of them (for NTL donation)

Griff

A long story but I have a surplus quantity of 40 D-shackles. They are all galvanised 1.0 tonne safe working load, screw pin type with the following (approx) dimensions:

Body diameter 9.5mm

Pin diameter 12mm

Inside length 32mm

I think they are S6 grade to DIN standard, but are untested and uncertified. They are new but paint on the shackle pins has flaked a bit from them ratlling around in the bag.

These are ideal for engine lifting and other general purpose stuff, but I have more than a lifetime supply so I offer them in bags of 5pcs for £8 incl P&P with all net proceeds after post to NTL. Sorry, I can't offer in ones and twos as I will be up and down to the post office every five minutes.

Happy lifting!!

• 2 weeks later...

Like a No.9 bus - nothing at all then they all come at once 😬

Glad to see them go to good homes - so far I have:

Andy (andy_h)

Matt (ric)

Paul (ruff seven)

Robert

Daniel (DannyLT)

Rob Morgan

Paul Manning

Only one set left now

If you haven't already done so already, can you email me your postal address and I'll send you details where to pay and get these off in the post.

I'll then get the collective proceeds off to NTL.

Thanks all *thumbup*

Edited by - Griff on 17 Aug 2010 17:16:56

Edited by - Griff on 18 Aug 2010 11:58:19

Edited by - Griff on 18 Aug 2010 11:59:23

• 1 month later...

Ric - really sorry to hear that. I know they were all posted so can only guess they got lost in the post. I have a few more in my garage back home and will ask my neighbour if he can fish them out and get them in the post. Otherwise I'm back briefly in late November or can let you have your money back.

Let me know. Am keen to hear if others also received theirs.

Cheers,

Mike (Griff)

Ric (Matt),

Your shackles have just been returned to my office with a note to say they had not been collected from the sorting office your end - presumably they tried to deliver and sent them back to the sorting office for whatever reason. If you every get to Malmesbury in office hours I can make them available for you to pick up, or I can arrange to re-post to another address. Let me know.

Cheers,

Mike