Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Xflow engine parts - what are they worth?

Griff

Hi,

After going back to a "standard" Xflow spec, I have the following bits to sell off and wondered if anyone had advice on their value:

Standard crank freshly - a 2737E casting - reground (+20 mains, +30 big ends) with new ACL Duraglide high quality bearings and thrusts. Balanced but not (significantly) lightened.

A modestly lightened flywheel with ring gear (but not sure which type of ring gear - need to check). I can weigh it if anyon'e interested.

Set of 85mm Accrolite forged pistons, only done a couple of thousand miles and excellent condition. Heads machined for big valves, 33cc bowls (12:1 compression) weight matched etc. Clearly best suited to an AX block but they were in my 711M engine which later developed porosity between the water pump & No.1. £122 each new excluding rings on Burton's website!

Cometic 85mm head gasket to suit the big bore and pistons.

Set of standard (2737E) conrods from another engine - weight matched, they look fine but unchecked and never used by me so I can't vouch for them. SOLD TO CHRIS

Piper BF300 cam (similar to 244 profile I'm told), same low mileage as the pistons and with matched followers.

Omex rev limiter and instructions SOLD TO CHRIS

Newtronic electronic ignition with instructions (case looks tatty but worked fine when removed)

Lucas distributor, few spare leads and whatever else I find to go with this in my goody box

Offers or advice appreciated. Photos available of any parts if you blatmail me.

Cheers,

Mike

Edited by - Griff on 8 Aug 2010 12:07:19

Griff,

I am interested in the Rods and the Omex limiter.

The last set of rods I saw went for £40. I am happy to pay that.

If the Omex limiter is the clubman? I think they are about £85 new, how does £45 sound?

Cheers

Chris

PS, as for the rest the crank is probably not worth a great deal as it's been ground. The pistons if in good order to the right person are probably worth reasonable money but quite a small market.

Chris,

I'm happy with your offer if it means less hassle with eBay. The Omex is definitely a Clubman and as I said, the rods are unused by me but seem visually good. I'll remove the old pistons and give them a closer look - do you want pics?

Blatmail me an email address so we can sort payment and delivery.

Cheers,

Mike (Griff)