Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

exploded view of gearbox type 9 + bell housing + engine

jackb_ms

Hi

We took out the engine of my car last weekend and we noticed there was a couple of bolt missing form the gearbox side.

I need to find out what they are, does someone has a exploded view of the exploded view of gearbox type 9 + bell housing + engine showing mainly the how they are attached to each other.

the engine is a VVC with dry sump, the tank being inside the bell housing

Thank you for your help

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

if it's the same fault, it's the lower two...)

Yes the lower 2

Do you know the size?

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

PS: Dave, Are you back from the US of A? can you send me my 2 engine mounts please?

Cheers

Jack

Edited by - jackb_ms on 3 Aug 2010 14:50:56

Not 100% sure on the allen bolt size - sorry - looking on CC site throws up this here and here . I think it is the second one from memory. It has the sizes on it so you could do a rough measure of the length of the apparent hole in the sump. One problem you might find though is that your threads have gone. And definitely use loctite when you put them in to stop a repeat of your problem and to prevent over tightening as you will be worried about losing them again.

On my old sump (wet sump) I added a nut a bolt to one of the side portions of the bell-housing to block (on the side that one of my bolt holes had a not so secure thread). Means I have five bolts holding instead of four - I seem to recall I drilled a hole in the engine side but there already was a hole in the bell-housing.

Hope this helps

Kev