Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lotus Esprit S3 N/A (1984) - On SORN - Provisionally Sold

Nifty

Just on the off chance someone on here might be interested.

1984 S3 Esprit (normally aspirated) on SORN

Vehicle failed it's MoT last May (2009) requiring 2 rear tyres and a fix to a blowing exhaust (crack in the collector pipe just after the manifold). Since the clutch needed replacing too I decided I might as well take the engine out to fix/replace the exhaust and do the clutch. However, I was too busy to do anything with it at the time so I put it on a SORN and parked it up in a dry barn.

I have since moved house and have neither the garage space for it nor the funds at this moment to do the work and so I have decided the best option is to sell to someone who will put it back on the road.

The car has covered 100,000 miles, however the engine was rebuilt about 5 years ago and the cambelt was renewed not long before the MoT failure. The engine runs well and smoothly. The only mechanical issue (other than clutch) is that the gear linkage needs overhauling, plenty of freeplay in it at present.

Electrical bits all sound.

Interior is black, half leather and is good for it's age though there is a repair either side to the seam where the seat meets the back.

Exterior paintwork (calypso red) is good from 10 yards but there are a couple of areas where the gel coat has been polished thin and there are some markings on the roof. This car would need a respray if you wish to exhibit it.

All in all a sound car that just needs a little TLC to return it to the road, and a little more to return it to it's original glory.

Car is for sale in the above condition for £3,000.

Pictures of the car taken in 2007 can be seen here.

(The condition of the car has not altered since this date save the issues highlighted above).

Car is stored not far from my house which is in Kenninghall, Norfolk, about 3 miles from Snetterton circuit.

For further information etc please ring either 07860 555727 (anytime) or 01953 887820 (evenings) or send me a Blatmail.

Nifty.

========================================

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 1 Aug 2010 12:04:25

Edited by - Nifty on 9 Aug 2010 20:05:29

Nifty,

Knowing you as I do you will have totally under sold the car as it looks fantastic in the pictures.

Also price looks VERY low for an S3............If I hadn't just spent a small fortune on a 911 I would buy it in an instant knowing that I had a really good buy

Good luck with the sale...........would you do a swap for a mint Triumph 955 Daytona 2004 with 7,000 on the clock?

This looks great Nifty, and I would genuinely buy this from you if i could keep my current house and it's double garage. Have a bump on me. *cool*

David Smitheram, Wiltshire (South) Joint AR, 07718 368173.

Used to be a 1400, now 1600 supersport race car