Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Fuel pump woes - again....

Kevsta

Hi all,

OK, so as part of my loooooooong saga in fixing the 7 I have replaced the fuel pump (from 7 wonders of the world - aka neil). My problem now is that I don't appear to be able to get the fuel pipe back on the banjo outlet. It appears to need to rotate a bit too far? Does anyone have any pictures of the pump etc fitted to the tank?

I'm sure I have it in right as the pick up point is at the bottom of the tank and the holes wouldn't line up for me to fit it any other way.

Just thought I'd ask before I do up the banjo bolt without the outlet being between the brace parts that it fits between around the neck of the outlet (to stop the pipe from rotating when you are tightening or loosening).

Cheers

Kev

Hi Kev

When I put my car back together again in 2006 I don't remember any issues with the angle of the fuel pipe relative to the banjo fitting. AFAIU the reason for the banjo is so the pipe can be fitted at whatever angle is required.

It's also impossible to refit the pump to the tank in the incorrect position as the holes are not equally-spaced.

Hope that helps.

I have a pic of the tank being tried in the chassis (minus bodywork & without the pump) & also a pic from above before the bodywork & pump were removed.

Blatmail me your email & I'll send them on this evening. I'll also try & get a pic of the pump/tank from the underside of the car.